Hi, I’m Sam McRoberts, and I’ve been working in the digital marketing space for over 20 years. I’ve personally helped over 350 clients to successfully achieve their revenue, traffic and conversion goals.
If you’re looking for a high-impact SEO consultant to help you and your team improve organic traffic to your website, then look no further.
I’ve worked with some of the largest brands in the world, and have driven hundreds of millions of dollars in measurable revenue to my clients directly from the work I’ve performed. Everything I recommend is white hat, and I am 100% transparent every step of the way, guaranteed.
Some of the SEO Clients I’ve Worked With:
You may have heard me on the Smart Passive Income or Entrepreneur on Fire podcasts. Or maybe on the radio with Dr. Drew. Or perhaps you read some of my work on Moz, Quicksprout, Inc., Entrepreneur, or Forbes. You might have heard me speak at a conference, or saw me quoted in one of the SEO industry roundups I’ve participated in.
Perhaps one of my current or former clients referred you to me, since the vast majority of my work comes via referrals from extremely happy clients.
However you found me, I’m glad you’re here 🙂
How Can I Help You?
Here are a few possible scenarios:
Common Consulting Tasks I’m Asked For:
This is pure consulting in the traditional sense, and does not include fulfillment/implementation or project work with set deliverables. I don’t manage your team or your projects. You’re gaining rapid response, on-demand access to my expertise in the SEO arena.
What you don’t get
1. An ass in a seat. Sorry not sorry, but that’s not how I roll. If you need someone on-premise, I can’t help you.
2. A “Yes Man”. My job as a consultant is to help you make your business better, not to stoke your ego. If you suggest something that won’t work, I’ll say so. I won’t agree just to be agreeable, and if something is wrong, I’ll be the first one to tell you. If someone says something incorrect or tries to sidestep a problem, I’ll call them on it. I won’t be mean about it, but I won’t be unclear either.
3. A project manager or executive assistant. Think of me as the wizard behind the curtain, but a legit wizard, not a runaway carny. You ask questions that fall within my domain, and I provide answers and sources/data to back up those answers. I don’t manage your projects or employees.
Sam is one of the best internet marketers out there…he is well worth his fee.Neil Patel, CEO of Quicksprout
When it comes to SEO, there’s literally nobody I’ve ever met who knows their stuff better than Sam. Considering I’ve been in the industry for 10+ years as an agency owner, that’s saying a lot.There’s nobody I trust more than Sam for anything SEO-related. His attention to detail is unparalleled, and the work he delivers is practically gold. I highly recommend Sam, obviously.Jayson DeMers, CEO of AudienceBloom
Sam was recommended to me by Neil Patel (one of the best online marketers out there) to help with fixing some SEO issues I had related to the creation of my forum. I was down 30% in Google traffic. After doing an audit, Sam identified all the problems with my site, and we got that 30% back and then some. Now I go to Sam for all my SEO needs. I do an audit every year so that I can make sure everything is perfect as we grow and change our website.Matt Kepnes, NomadicMatt.com
All consulting work is performed remotely. I don’t do on-site work. Consulting retainer fee is to be paid in advance at the start of each billing month. There is a 3 month minimum, and a professional discount if you pay for the full 3 months (or longer) upfront.
Do you offer hourly consulting?
Absolutely not. Hourly consulting is a deeply flawed arrangement that encourages a service provider to work slowly and bill you for more hours than are necessary. This is not the kind of relationship I want with my clients, which is why I charge based on the value I provide to my clients and not on the number of hours worked.
Do you work on-site?
Never. The nature of SEO and the current state of technology is such that being physically present is both unnecessary and highly inefficient. I communicate primarily via email, scheduled conference calls, and Slack.
Who has access to you during a consulting engagement?
You may designate up to 3 people on your team, yourself included, that can reach out with questions over email or slack and schedule calls during our engagement.
Why do you require a 3 month minimum?
SEO takes time to show a return, and depending on the state of your site that could take at least 3 months. This makes sure our incentives are aligned (I want to see you succeed, and you need to commit to enough time to make that happen).
What sort of discounts do you offer for advance payment on the full engagement?
Rates are as follows:
- Ultralight Consulting: $1,000/mo if paid monthly. $2,500 for 3 months. $5,000 for 6 months. $10,000 for 12 months. I don’t accept engagements longer than 12 months at a time.
- Goldilocks Consulting: $3,500/mo if paid monthly. $9,000 for 3 months. $18,000 for 6 months. $36,000 for 12 months. I don’t accept engagements longer than 12 months at a time.
- Unlimited Consulting: $10,000/mo if paid monthly. $25,000 for 3 months. $50,000 for 6 months. $100,000 for 12 months. I don’t accept engagements longer than 12 months at a time.
Do you work on a specific timezone? How quickly do you respond?
I’m available 7am-3pm US Eastern time. I respond to email or Slack within 3 hours during those times, and to phone calls within 24 hours (though I do ask that calls be scheduled, which you can easily do via my Calendly page).
Will you work with just anyone?
No. I’m extremely selective about which companies I work with. There are certain restricted industries I won’t do ongoing consulting for (adult sites, gambling, pills/supplements, guns, alcohol, etc.), and I typically only work with clients if I believe in the company and/or product (very often I’m a customer myself). A big part of SEO, and marketing in general, is understanding the mind of the customer…so being an actual customer helps a lot 🙂
When can we start?
Why not now? Reach out with the form below and we can schedule a call.
If that sounds like a good fit, let’s talk!
Required Legalese – All logos and trademarks belong to their respective owners. These logos are shown to represent past work performed by me, and in no way constitutes an endorsement of VUDU Marketing or its services.